Tuesday, July 26, 2011

That So Good Salad from Brigitte W.


That so good salad

Salad dressing is half and half Italian seasonings and Girard’s Caesar

1 whole envelope Good Seasons Italian dressing Mix or similar brand
¼ cup Rice Wine vinegar
3 tablespoons water
½ cup oil (I use olive oil)

This makes about a cup of dressing. To that I add a cup of Girard’s Caesar. I use the light version and find it tastes about the same as the regular.


Salad

Romaine- chopped
Granny Smith- cubed (you can also use blueberries)
Bell pepper- cubed (I like orange and yellow)
Grated Parmesan cheese
Coconut- toasted
Sliced almonds toasted (add a bag of almonds and 1/3 cup of sugar to a pan, stir until golden brown, they can burn quickly)

The cheapest almonds are at Trader Joes.

1 comment:

  1. This is ALWAYS a hit whenever I bring it. I think you gave it to me 10 years ago. Still a favorite

    ReplyDelete